Normal. Noun. The usual, average or typical state or condition.
Abnormal. Adjective. Deviating from what is normal, or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable.
Thanks, thatshowsucks.com for the pic
Adjective (of a person) Free from physical or mental disorders.
Abnormal. Adjective. Deviating from what is normal, or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable.
Source: Google Dictionary
Good definition, I say. What I think is missing though, is the fact that 'normal' is a really relative term, and that's the most important part of the definition. Coming here of course meant that I'd have to stretch the yardstick I used to measure what's normal and what's not. I had nooo idea I'd be stretching it this far though.
Good definition, I say. What I think is missing though, is the fact that 'normal' is a really relative term, and that's the most important part of the definition. Coming here of course meant that I'd have to stretch the yardstick I used to measure what's normal and what's not. I had nooo idea I'd be stretching it this far though.
In SoKo (My city, at least), the following fit the requirements for normal:
- Openly calling people ugly, or fat pig actually. To be polite, they'd say 'not pretty' or 'not handsome'. Or generally pointing out to people what they look like.
- Wearing shorts, skirts or dresses that are offensively short (I've seen countless butt cheeks in broad daylight).
- but you WILL get nasty looks for wearing a top with thin straps.
- Men wearing foundation (or whitening cream), lipstick and whatever other make up they can find.
- Taking a nice, long drag of all the bile your body has produced, and proudly spitting it out like a pro soccer player IN PUBLIC. Women not excluded.
- Carrying a large pocket mirror wherever you go,
- And unashamedly staring at yourself while in the company of others.
- Whining.
- Leaving your car on, idling, windows open, unattended (juuuuust try that in South Africa...)
- Sharing the pedestrian sidewalk with motor cyclists, cars, and mini trucks.
- Owning everything and anything Hello Kitty at the age of 30.
- Staring and pointing (even at other Koreans).
- Asking people what their blood type is (I mean, c'mon!).
- Chewing loudly, with your mouth open (Table manners the way we know them are non existent actually. 5 months in and I still CANNOT get used to it. Thanks, Girls' High!)
- Sitting at a restaurant for hours with your significant other and not saying a single thing to one another.
- Straight men and boys being awkwardly affectionate with one another.
- Standing or sitting too close to someone (Asia= No such thing as a personal bubble. Sharing is caring, mate!)
- Using public transport as your bed. Shame, they work hard- it might be the only nap time they get.
Thanks, thatshowsucks.com for the pic

Eish!! hate the spitting in public!! Sooooo DISGUSTING!!! I've noticed a lot of spitting by MEN here in Rhode Island#yuck!!!
ReplyDeleteReally?? Men wear make up? WOW!! Taking the term metro sexual to the extreme#lol
Love your post babe xoxox
I wanna reprimand them every.single.time. There are some things I will never get used to.
ReplyDeleteYep. Foundation, eyebrow pencil, the works! The line between masculine and feminine is heavily blurred here. Really didn't expect that.
Thanks, again Neo ^^.