My friends and colleagues here have not stopped hearing me complain about it, so to give them a break, I'm gonna jot it down and vow to stop moaning about it from here on. Here goes:
I've put on soooo much weight since arriving in the land of Lice and Bling. I would love to blame the Lice alone, but I've certainly been over-excited by all the amazing restaurants that call my name on every damn corner. With perfect pronunciation and all, I hear them "Keke! Yess. You! Ke-ke-tso. Come hither!" in a British-Australian accent even. How can I resist??
I could make the issue something light and irrelevant, but the fact that I talk about it so much is something that set off a 'uh-ow' alarm in my head. I was so obsessed with this old me, that I was seeing new Kex as a lesser being. Ridiculous, I know. Simply put, the challenge I've given myself is to refocus my 'what gives me value' energies on the only thing that will never change, and that's my Creator. Real talk. It's too easy these days to sum ourselves (and others) up by kg's and cm's so I'm going back to basics and reminding myself of the straight and narrow. Of course, it requires constant reminding, but I'd rather that.
BMI calculations say I'm over my height's healthy weight (oh dear!) and being in Korea where the women are soooo tiny, it's easy to get lost on that 'if only' train of thought.
As a result, I've taken up swimming lessons (3 times a week), invested in a blender for my fruit smoothies, and shoved my gluttony hat away. It's not cool to be eating the way I've been. But amidst that, I always have to remind myself of what's really important: I can't let the weight consume me when my Creator loves and uses me As I Am. (Yes, I said it.)
![]() |
| All pics from weheartit |
No more blaming it on the lice.
x



kekeke... less rice more kimchi :)
ReplyDeleteCalm Keke: I've heard stories of stomach cancers and such. I also know too many people who are addicted to it. BUT I will soon try that cucumber kimchee I saw on your blog.
ReplyDeleteIndieBerries-lover Keke: You have awesomest blog and I've been showing it off to anyone who will look and listen. Love your work (and name), Che!