Weeehaaa! It's a long weekend here in the land of Lice and Bring, and I'm having a great time doing absolutely nothing :D While most of other teachers are visiting nearby cities countries (Japan, China, Taiwan) for their 5 day weekend, I am sitting at home and literally pantsula dancing on my refresh button. It's awesome.
It's Chuseok here on Korea, which has been compared to the American's Thanksgiving, but because I'm just a little South African girl, I'm still not sure what that means. Who better to ask, but Mr Google himself?? Wiki
says:
Chuseok..., is a major harvest festival and a three-day holiday in Korea celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar... As a celebration of the good harvest, Koreans visit their ancestral hometowns and share a feast of Korean traditional food such...
Building up to this holiday, there have been sales for Africa, especially in the food stores with the strangest gift packs, from well packaged and ribbon bow tied cans of tuna to bulk packs of tofu. Awesome. I got a lovely body wash thing from one of my colleagues (because she thought the whitening face wash she got for the others wouldn't be suitable for me. Spot on! hee).
I can imagine all the Koreans are having a lovely time with their families coz the shops are closed (this NEVER happens) and the streets are a tad more peaceful (also NEVER happens).
While they do that, I'm catching up on Season 4 of Brothers and Sisters, chatting and laughing with Raquel, watching Trevor Noah's Crazy Normal (I died!). Yesterday we also got to watch the Boks vs Wales game at a bar downtown and there were so many South Africans there, I wondered if there are any left back home o_O I'm not complaining, just saying.
Here are some pics to fill you in :)
 |
| Google does Chuseok |
 |
| My nice Chuseok gift from Mrs. Jeong. |
 |
| Coffee from Missouri (where our new English teacher is from). Interesting flava, huh?! |
 |
| September babies (Gabi Boy, Mingki Tipton and Greg Boy) celebration on Friday night |
 |
| The work of the awesome Sarah Watt |
 |
| On my calender this month (gift from Legend Tlale Matseke) |
Pointless post, right? A girl's aloud to yap yap yada yada mkay.
No comments:
Post a Comment