Saturday, November 5, 2011

Got Talent

And the day after athletics cuteness, we got a second dose in the form of art. For the first time, the school combined the English festival with the arts festival. I was, of course, excited about that because I could understand everything that was going on. The festival ran for 2 days, with the odd number grades performing on day 1. So here they are- The Future. 


I have no idea when the kids got time to practice all these skits in between their classes and their academy hours, but again, I was so proud of them. If anything, it felt like the show was just for me since most of the parents could barely understand the English songs and speeches. I was just as excited as they were- standing in front, camera and smile always ready.

The winners of the English speaking contest got their minutes of storytelling fame, while others charmed their folks with dance and song. The show stoppers were obviously the grade 1s who ended the day's festivities with their English songs. As seen in the pic above, grade 1s' parents are the most passionate people there are,  basically fighting to get the best spot for a good view of their little ones. Two consecutive days off work? The joys of being a housewife!

The other highlight was seeing how involved the kids were in putting the actual event together, working as MCs, sound guys and camera men. They start early.

Adorable, neh?

Signed,

Angelina Jolie soon-to-be

2 comments:

  1. Love the costumes!! It looks like it was a lot of FUN!!

    Stay Blessed xoxo

    ReplyDelete