Thursday, December 1, 2011

Taming the Mane

It was a given that this would be one of my issues in Korea- looking after African hair in a place where most people have never even seen a black person in real life, but I brushed it off and left the mane to find a way for itself. Here's what she's come up with:

Feb-April (I know. That's a mighty long time. don't judge!)


Give your old braids some curls and BAM! you have your money's worth. A 'new' hairstyle :)

One day in April (just after taking the braids out. Yes. It's that relief kind of excitement.) 

...on the same day in April after an hour long blow drying session. The excitement? She's gone.

one brave day in July I decided cornrows were the way (at the expense of my poor pixie ears which would now be exposed). My first cornrows in adulthood. 

that didn't last too long coz by August I braved braids with random acts of blondeness. My first time adding any colour to my hair.


by October, I was rocking my natural hair, even experimenting with the wavey side of things


but this takes hours so I did this for about a week (crazy hair = crazy egg poses)

For now til I go home at the end of December, I will be finding my inner Janelle Monae and making this most of this bush that I call hair.

and that, my dear friends, is how you

Tame the Mane. 


4 comments:

  1. Love it, it represents all the adventures you've had-What a year. If it's any consolation, I'm right there with you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Five comes to Korea. Welcome to the wild side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. July, sooo cute!
    August, rather bold, I've never tried colour! LOL
    October has to be my FAVORITE!
    December...love love love!!

    Stay Blessed xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What better time than now?! While you still can- I dare you to go and add some colour to your head. Strange at first, but it'll grow on you.

    x

    ReplyDelete