I really had no intention of starting this post with pics of the gifts, but let's call it art. A story told backwards.
So here I am, two weeks after my birthday still feeling excited about what lovely people I'm surrounded by. These are the gifts I received. Thank you to the ladies and gents who were so thoughtful!
Nail polishes. Bright and beautiful and season appropriate. From Miju and Yang Xiao.
Also, some amazing Aloe vera soothing gel. It feels and smells awesome. I use it from head to toe. Thanks, Gloria!
Useful and thoughtful. I love the message too :) Raquel and Lorns- thank you!
These bad boys have already done their rounds. Of course, I walk around feeling like the coolest kid on the block. World off, good sounds on. Christine, Raq and Phumi were so sneaky with this one!
My fave Korean band right now- BUSKER BUSKER!!! This gift was from Daniel. I am so so grateful. There's something great about original CDs.
'coz you get to read the Korean lyrics and see pics of the band members.
A pretty blouse from Forever 21 with love from Chitsi :) I love it!
So here's how the day panned out. A meeting at church about our missions trip (details later), some Chinese food with the group to meet and greet. Then I had plans to relax and really enjoy my last Saturday as a 22 year old. My friends know how much I love my free days- I wash my hair, do my laundry and just kick back and enjoy the silence. A well orchestrated surprise dinner had me all dressed and made up, on a bus to Laurentia's place and led to a Japanese dinner where more friends had set aside the time to celebrate my special day's eve with me.
How awesome?! This is the action (in no particular order).
The after-party!
even feeling like celebs.
Thoroughly gifted out.
Wide-mouthed cheers.
pre-mature candle blowing. That was funny. I was so excited that I blew out the candles before they even sang! ha! By the way- you have never had a better cake than this. Teehee. A multi-flavoured ice cream cake from Basking Robbins. Seriously. The best.
tear-jerking cards. I love personalised letters and such. Thank you, Lula! (Post an ugly crying face pic of yourself on the world wide web. Checks off bucket list).
Excited to find some Body Shop pampering goodies (coz that's a LARGE box).
But... it's never what you think it is. HEADPHONES!! YAY!! I have always wanted a pair. Never thought they'd be from the Body Shop though. Haha. Smart trick, gals.
Phums and Yang. Phumi, I love your smile!
Honestly, the birthdays keep getting better over the years. Thank God for seeing me through em, with lovely people I call my dear friends and fam (near and far).
Signed,
23 year old Keke
^^

No comments:
Post a Comment