You could call me a real liker of things. Why? I have nooo idea what the title for this post should be, since I have no idea what the occasion of the event was. All I know, is that last year, I was cozy in my bed when I heard a good time happening behind my back at the uni across my apartment. A spring festival of sorts, I was told. Whatever it was, I had to make sure that I got to it this year.
Korean students are subject to academic slavery so much that it gives me goosebumps of joy when I see them loosening up and enjoying there youth as they should.
So a few Fridays back, Laurentia, Phumi, Raquel and I made a night of dinner and snooping around on the Kyungpook National University campus to get some of the spring action. It was packed- world food stalls serving their traditional cuisine, DJs, faculties selling food to raise funds, fireworks, stages graced by the presence of bands and comedians and just a whole lot more than we could understand.
That's really all I can tell you about it, since I had no idea what the purpose of the event was. All I knew was that it was HUGE and I needed to check it out :)
The highlight of the evening was a band called Coffee Machine (true story) and the chubbiest and most adorable little Vietnamese kid you've ever seen.
Here's what I could capture before my camera took a long break.
Ladies always looking for a shopping opportunity.
Students getting their business on.
I don't understand the sign behind them. Thought taking a pic might help me figure it out.
These kids played cool music. So cool that I couldn't even got a decent pic.
Fine! I'll snap a pic of your boombox gadget thingy then. I like it better anyway.
Coffee Machine in action. 3 guitarists (some also doing vocals, I think), a drummer, a mo-hawked lead singer and the highlight- a guy on the trombone. Such an awesome sound!
Phumi's life fave- FIREWORKS!
Then my battery died. I promise. We didn't get any drinks here, so stop right there if you think a JAGAR Bomb is what 'killed' my battery. Ha! Seriously though. My battery died, we had yummy wraps from the Turkish stand, then headed home.
I love days like these.
No comments:
Post a Comment