Tuesday, July 17, 2012

it's always a birthday

that brings me here to end the long period of neglecting this beloved blog of mine. Thank you, Kristen for being born. 

Wednesday July 4th (also American Independence Day), we had our women's Bible study social session which is tradition for the first Wednesday of the month. On the same day, Kristen said 'hello' to an older age, and formalized a 'good bye. check ya later'. A birthday and farewell gift from her to us, was a chat about meditation, and how she gets it done. 

Of course, that she'd be leading the meeting is all she knew about it. What she didn't know, is that the entire group would be kitted in all shades of her favourite colour  just to show how much we love her pink self. 

SURPRISE!! 

 receiving her gift: a book with handwritten messages from the group.



 Michelle, Alissa and Kristen.


 Fooooood!


Mich, Ali Cat, Kristen, Kirsty and Ms Kim (one of my colleagues)



Pink smiles and pure joy.


pic of the evening.


Phumi and that smile I love so much.


and of course the night is not complete til Chris shows off her face-pulling skills. Really the best in the industry.


Raquel. Food. The world is at peace.


Nou and Alissa-tjie (yes, I am allowed to call her 3 different names in one post).


The party's over, but the big gals wanna play. Cue, the game that had me almost wet my pants the first time we played it.

3-2-1 and strike a pose.

In order:

Cellphone//iPad//Giraffe//LOL// Fork//Rock, Paper, Scissors// Jesus 



And how can I leave out the best part: trying to change our expressions fast enough to keep up with Christine's camera's multishot. Here's how we tried- in slow mo.


Kristen- it awesome spending your special day with you and the bunch. You'll be missed.

4 comments:

  1. Look at us all in pink :) This was really fun. Kristine - you are too precious. we love you and will miss you tons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Thanks Keke-tjie :) You are da-bomb-dot-com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love strike a pose time :D and as for the world being at peace when I have food...I have no words...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahah!!! I will still love these pics when I'm 62!

    ReplyDelete