Korean food is nothing like anything I once knew. What they eat is EXTREMELY important, and at every meal, they can justify the health benefits of every single ingredient. Lotsa red pepper, lotsa rice, lotsa garlic and lotsa sea food and lotsa plant looking things. It usually goes like this:
"This is Kimchee, it's really good for you because it prevents cancer. Try it."
I do. Too spicy. Not delicious. Just tastes like something that could prevent cancer, you know?
"Is it delicious??"
And that's where my conclusion came. For Koreans, healthy is delicious. For non Asians, well,
'Delicious' and 'Healthy' are Mutually Exclusive.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
To my surprise, my taste buds are slowly becoming Korean and the things that looked like animal food now trigger my 'yummy' nerve, and the spicy stuff is becoming a tad more bearable. My knees have gone from not co-operating with the Korean way of sitting at all, to dealing with at least 20mins of the pose before giving in. I don't get ill as often as I used to, so I'm thinking the healthy rumours might be true...
I dare you to try it ^*,
"Just tastes like something that could prevent cancer, you know?"
ReplyDeleteYou are my hero Kex :)
Vu-master
I know you know what I mean though, Doctor K!
ReplyDelete