Monday, August 15, 2011

Meet Me At The River

One of our small group meetings at the Sincheon River (May, 2011)










That says Hwanta. Konglish for Fanta


One of my most surprising realisations since getting here, has been how God wanted to show me that there is no land too foreign and unfamiliar for Him to draw me nearer. Coming to a historically Buddhist country, it felt like a far fetched hope to use this year to work on my relationship with God. Of course, that was me thinking like the human I am, brushing over the fact that He created it all, would use it all, and actually needed to steal me away from all the 'noise' back home so I could make no excuses for not hearing Him clearly. 

So here we are, 3 South African girls, having our noise-free (the only noise comes from us! teehee), weekly small group session at the river where we confide in, share, eat, laugh and pray with one another.

That was not intended to sound like a narration from the movie Eat.Pray.Love (haven't even seen it). I meant every word :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! How AWESOME is our God#soooinlovewithHim
    I'm glad you got sisters in Christ with you there, being away from home can be lonely but when you have people that are praying for and with you, it makes it sooo much better!

    Keep well & stay blessed xoxo

    ReplyDelete