And of course, I mean that literally.
Last weekend a few of us took a trip to a nearby ski resort for a day on the ice. There were 6 of us, with 3 of us (South Africans) amateurs in the skiing and snowboarding game, so the other 3 each took a student under their wing.
Like everywhere in Korea, the place was packed with people super kitted out in the fanciest and brightest snow gear. I mean, even waterproof headphones and jeans. Yes! Waterproof jeans. The type of gear that will make even a tiny little Korean girl look like a gangster, or at least like a gangster's wife. Just when I thought it was only us South Africans who were going over board with the colour blocking fad. Ha!
Rocking my lil grizzly bear hat, and my coach Suzanne on my arm, I did a mini practice, learn-the-basics run before getting on the real slopes. Up we went on the cable car lifty thingy and before I could even compose myself, I was on the ice. All you need to know from there is that I did a good job at applying what Suzanne taught me, but I did an even better job falling being humble and bonding with the snow.
*pics from Jess Bigs and Raquel
 |
| Jess n Charde |
 |
| Have you ever seen anyone looking this cool?! No. Don't lie- you haven't. |
 |
| A Popeyes lunch break to replenish the energy |
 |
| With Raquel and lovely Suzanne who was an amazing teacher :) |
 |
| Grizzly loves world peace n mustard. |
 |
| Colour blocking? |
I had such a blast, even when I was flat on the snow from a heavy fall. What I didn't enjoy though, was the swollen ankles I woke up with the next morning. See:
 |
| With a bit of swelling and a lot of glow (thanks, cream) on the same evening. |
 |
| and BAM! Grey elephant ankles and feet in the morning. So attractive. |
But even that kankles weren't enough to put me off skiing. Thank you to Christine, Jess, Charde, Raquel and Suzanne for an awesome day doing exactly what we set out to: hitting the slopes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment