Have you ever planned a trip to the other end of your country just to get some shopping done? Say no, please- just so I can feel like my friends and I are legends. Thanks. Anywhoo, on the last weekend of March, a few of us made our way up to Seoul (Korea's capital) to do some shopping and celebrate Raquel's birthday.
All the foreigner-size-friendly shops are up there since there are more of them (foreigners) there than here in Daegu. One grows tired of being stopped at the door and met with a condescending "OH! No beeg size!". Yes, this has happened more than once.
So despite my not feeling well at all, 8 of us made our way up to Seoul using the KTX (speed train) which cuts down a 4 hour drive to a 2 hour cruise. Weeehaaa!
Here are some pics, before I talk too much.
Here are some pics, before I talk too much.
| Early Saturday morning subway ride. |
| I'll go shopping while you try and make sense of this |
| Nice n early |
| Lula practicing her welcoming pose |
| family outfits |
![]() |
| with TOP (my Korean crush) c/o Christine Wang. |
| Sooooccckss for Shan! |
![]() |
| Dunkin Donuts for brekkies |
![]() |
| Got to see Katja for a short while in Hongdae. Woop! |
![]() |
| mini bar. the design is in the name |
| A lot of KoreanWon later. A happy Raquel |
| the streets BEFORE it got busy |
| I felt like death in a cup here. Don't let that smile fool you. *sniffcoughsneeze* |
| HOME FOOD! at Braai Republic in Itaewon |
| Taryn's chomee joined in |
| The guy in red MUST have been wearing his niece's pants. |
Yep. That's about all the pics I took. Sunday morning we visited Onnuri Church (Korean church with a really big English service and congregation) then had lunch and headed back to Daegu.
Of course, come Monday, I was plagued with the wrath of the flu I tried to ignore all weekend and was subsequently booked off work for the day.
Coz I like things.
Of course, come Monday, I was plagued with the wrath of the flu I tried to ignore all weekend and was subsequently booked off work for the day.
Coz I like things.






No comments:
Post a Comment